Monday, August 10, 2009

goings on

Countertops being removed today. And hopefully replaced tomorrow! I'm not sure how much cooking I'll be able to do without countertops... so hopefully Tuesday will be the day! Because we've been living off of pizza and drive-thru a lot in our transition. But it will be lovely and well worth the wait!

The kitchen is almost done being touched up with paint. I'm going to go to Lowes tonight and pick up some very small paintbrushes to get in the tight corners, so hopefully that will be finished up this evening!

We hung the first two things up on the walls last night, so that's awesome. A beautiful wooden post with antiqued silver knobs on it for our purse/keys and jacket when we come in from the garage and a beautiful wrought iron candelabra that has... you guessed it, leaves! I love any and all things to do with leaves.

We also got our Living Room furniture placement decided on. We moved it three or four times, but I think we've got it now.

There are still boxes, tools, dropcloths, paint cans, brushes and general clutter around, but we're making some real progress. So hopefully tomorrow will bring news of completed painting jobs, a belt rack hung in the master closest, and hooks hung on the back of bathroom doors. Oh, and a specific time of day for countertop installation!

I keep looking at it and marvelling at how pretty it is though... And doing the work ourselves, storing other's furniture, using hand-me-downs and bartering for pieces we need are letting us do this at a great price! I'm so thankful God sent us the friends and family we have. We couldn't do it without them!

In other news, I'm going to be an aunt again. But this time, it's my little sister's baby. I can't tell you how weird that is to say. I think I'm still in denial that she's old enough to know where babies really come from. Every time I think about it... it's just shocking. There are no words other than that. I'm hoping the baby looks like her, she was such a beautiful baby! I'm going to hug it and squeeze it and sniff it's lovely little head! You know, when it gets here.

My cousin is also due here any day now, which is also exciting! Hurry here, little girl!

I love babies.

Okay, I'm going to hunker down with the paperwork on my desk. And it's everywhere, believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment