Friday, March 26, 2010

The chocolate: it taunts me.

I have always had a love relationship with sweets. I am a big fan of cake, cookies, brownies, doughnuts, you name it, I'll eat it when it comes to sweets.

However, I never have had a desire for candy bars. Don't get me wrong, those little fun sized snickers bars and reeses cups have been eaten often, but full sized bars are just too much. I'd end up eating half and getting tired of it.

Lately though, in addition to my craving for McDonalds french fries and Boston Cream Doughnuts has come a raging desire to shove as many 3 Musketeers bars as possible into my mouth. I'm comforting myself with the fact that of all the candy bars, 3 Musketeers really is the least fattening. I know because it says so on the package.

Another struggle I've been having is drinking enough water. I detest water. It does absolutely nothing but fill my now miniscule bladder at lightening speed requiring me to waddle frequently down the hall to the bathroom. Water has no taste, and I absolutely cannot drink it with meals. So between meals I've been trying to force myself to drink it. On the whole, it's going well, and I will let you in on my secret.

It's the 3 Musketeers bars!

For some reason, water is refreshing when coupled with my lovely, lovely candy bar. So, really, I'm doing this for our little girl.

Speaking of which, who would have thought it would be so hard to come up with a name? Daniel and I have only agreed on one, but I'd like another option or two. He's said no to the two names I've adored. Of course, I did the same to his boy name so I guess I have no room to talk. But seriously, who doesn't like the names Rosalie or Callie? I am seriously doubting his taste in names. But not his taste in women.

I'm going to finish my 3 Musketeers and my glass of water, and try to talk myself into buying a second one so I can drink some more water. (Was that convincing?)

No comments:

Post a Comment