Thursday, January 29, 2009

Interesting week

This week has been interesting. It's been a trying time for several reasons, but I'm so hopeful. I have such an incredible peace about what's going on in current circumstances: every day life, the future, the economy, family struggles.

I work in a financial firm, so I'm inundated with bad news every day. I'm a person who is very empathetic. I tend to feel things deeply and make a lot of other's situations my own, so its been very diffcult for me to wade blindly through things right now. Clients call in that have lost half of their retirement accounts and are 68. These people need the money they've saved or they won't be able to have a roof over their heads or pay their electric bill or go to the grocery store without wondering if they have to choose to eat this month or the next. Not to mention medical bills. ::sigh:: In a lot of situations, it's not that grave. But in some situations, it is.

But the Lord, in His infinite mercy, has offered me comfort and peace in the midst of depressing news, friends who desperately need help and a personal situation that threatens to cripple me emotionally.

Psalm 32:7 - You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Lamentations 3:22-23 - Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Isaiah 42:6 - I will lead the blind by ways the have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment